INTRODUCING THE GISR STANDARD DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM, TECHNICAL PROGRAMS, AND MULTISTAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT PROCESS IN 2013
This video of an interactive webinar with experts from the sustainability ratings community — asset owners, asset managers, companies, ESG research and ratings practitioners, academics — explores critical issues in shaping the next generation of sustainability ratings. Topics include:
- The strategic fit of ratings in the emerging system of sustainability data, disclosure, performance assessment, and decision-making
- The case for convergence and accreditation around sustainability ratings’ principles, issues and indicators
- How the GISR standard development program is poised to influence the future of ratings and reshape the definition of corporate value and value creation
- Standard development process including its three phases, and ways for asset owners, asset managers, companies, NGOs, non-profits and raters to participate and shape the future of GISR
- Bob Willard, author of The New Sustainability Advantage and other books on corporate sustainability, is a widely recognized speaker to business audiences worldwide. A leading authority on sustainable strategies, governance and practices, Bob will present his perspective on the value proposition of GISR from the company and investor perspectives.
- Dr. Allen L. White, Vice President and Senior Fellow, Tellus Institute, is co-founder of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and served as its first CEO. Founder and Co-Chair of GISR. He also serves as Director of Corporation 2020, an initiative focused on designing future corporations to create and sustain social mission, and serves as Senior Advisor to BSR. Dr. White has held faculty and research positions at the University of Connecticut, Clark University and Battelle Laboratories, and is a former Fulbright Scholar in Peru.
Title: MOVING MARKETS: GISR AND THE FUTURE OF SUSTAINABILITY RATINGS